You’d never buy a new home without a property inspection or accept a job without researching the company. If you’re considering an acquisition or major investment, the stakes are even higher. To protect your assets and ensure a return on your investment, you need a comprehensive view of all risks and potential benefits.
The Cooper Group offers you peace of mind, with a thorough vetting of your target or opportunity and due diligence reporting. With over 20 years of experience, our consultants have the analytical tools and business perspective to offer you a complete analysis of portfolio strength today and a realistic outlook for the future.
Areas of Due Diligence Reporting
- Finances: Assets, debts, liens, earnings reports and indicators, and all other relevant financial data
- Legal Matters and History: A comprehensive record of all civil or criminal legal cases involving the company.
- Customer Base: Who are current and prospective customers? What is their satisfaction level with the product or service?
- Competitors: Who are their main competitors, and how are they performing relative to the target?
- Market Position: How much of the market do they control, compared to their competitors?
- Regulatory Issues: Understanding of any governmental regulations that might impose limitations or require special consideration
- Employees/Human Resources: Organization chart, contracts, benefits, and employee relations
If you’re dealing with a recent acquisition, we can help you navigate the complexity of this period with a post-implementation/acquisition program.
- Is our strategy aligned with the investment criteria?
- How can we take advantage of opportunities in an environment that is transforming across all industries and markets?
- How can we navigate our portfolio companies through the crisis?